Red & Gold Chevron Mani

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2 Comments A+ a-

April 3rd Update: I replaced the video at the end of this post with YouTube version.

I have quite a few posts to make and not enough time! I shared this mani on Instagram 3 days ago, and finally got to write about it.

For this mani, I started off with JOSS More Nail Gold on about 60% of thumb, middle and ring finger each, and JOSS Dazzling on remaining 40% of those nails. Once that's dry, I covered the red part with masking tape and stamped a damask pattern from MoYou London Fashionista 07 with Mundo de Uñas Black, and peeled the tape off. I topcoated, placed three sets of chevron tapes (zig zag tapes) I bought from What's Up Nail Art Store near nail tip, and painted JOSS Little Black Dress over them and peeld the tapes off. I finished off with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat. For other nails, I simply painted JOSS Dazzling and placed round black studs bought from ebay.

I think this is my first time doing chevron mani if I remember correctly, and I quite like this stamping x chevron combo! Those JOSS polishes I recently bought (haul post here) are super opaque, and they only needed one coat each in creating this mani. I fell in love with the way this red JOSS just glides on my nails like butter... Also I surprised myself when I peeled off these chevron tapes that the lines came out crisp and clear.

One thing I was so bummered about, and you probably notice in the video, is that I didn't realise there are bunch of cotton fluffs stuck to the stamper when I stamped. Eeeek! They didn't seem to affect the stamp but I needed to pull those fluffs off my nails afterwards. LOL

4/3更新:記事最後の動画をYouTube版に置き換えました。

ようやくこのネイルの記事に辿り着いた・・・。もう3日も前にインスタの方にアップしたネイルですが、記事を書く時間が取れませんでした。まず出来上がりはこちら。

Finished product, with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat. In the sun

親指、中指、薬指のベースはJOSS More Nail Gold(60%程度)と JOSS Dazzling(残り40%程度)。乾いたら赤の部分をマスキングテープで隠し、MoYou London Fashionista 07のダマスク柄をMundo de Uñas Blackでスタンプしてテープを剥がす。ここでいったんトップコートを塗り、What's Up Nail Art Storeで買ったシェブロンテープを3つ爪先付近に置いてJOSS Little Black Dressをその上から塗り、すぐにテープを剥がす。仕上げはGlisten & Glow HK Girlトップコート。他の爪はJOSS Dazzlingを1度塗りし、ebayで買った黒の丸スタッズを配置。

使用ポリッシュはこちら。

Polishes used

左から、

JOSS More Nail Gold
JOSS Little Black Dress
JOSS Dazzling
Mundo de Uñas Black

I was planning to add studs on the chevron part of middle and ring fingers ,
but because the zig zag lines came out clear, I didn't want to hide it!

シェブロンネイルは記憶が正しければ初めて作成します。スタンプとシェブロンの組み合わせっていいね(゚∀゚) この3色はよく和ネイルで使う組み合わせですが、今回はダマスクスタンプにしたのでやや洋風になりました。先日買ったJOSS(買い物記事はこちら)ですが、3本とも1度塗りで行けました。この手に持っている赤のDazzling、液質はさらっとしているのに人差し指に1回ブラシを走らせただけでこっくりと色付いていく様はちょっと感動ものでした。あとはシェブロンテープを剥がしたときにあまりに線が綺麗だったので、思わず「おっ!」と言ってしまいましたw 当初はこのシェブロン部分にスタッズを乗せる予定だったのですが、線を隠したくなくてそのままに。

The stamps came out centred, the chevron lines came out crisp,
JOSS polishes applied beautifully. All in all, I love this mani :)

なかなか満足度の高いネイルですが1つだけ大失敗。動画でもはっきり写っていると思いますが、スタンパーにコットンの毛が大量に付着したままスタンプしてしまったこと・・(汗。動画を撮影するときはプレートに顔が映らないように上体を引いて作業しているので気付かなかったのです(;▽;) スタンパーをキューティクル付近に位置合わせして押し込むときに気付きました。スタンプにはあまり影響が出ていないのが奇跡ですね。スタンパーを押し込んだときに爪にだいぶ付着したのでむしりとりましたがww

そんなところも注目しつつ動画をどうぞ(笑。


にほんブログ村 美容ブログ 自爪ネイルへ

2 comments

Write comments
27 March 2015 at 18:40 delete

I needed to watch it three times to find the cotton fluff xD The design still came out perfectly though! And this gold polish is super gorgeous :O

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
28 March 2015 at 09:22 delete

Aww thanks Minnie! If you watch the youtube version, you'll notice cotton fluffs straight away, haha! :D This gold is super satuated & opaque and I'm in love!! This is from Bold collection, and I'm thinking of getting other colours too :D

Reply
avatar