Two-Toned Swirly Mani Featuring Madam Glam Polishes

Monday, July 06, 2015 4 Comments A+ a-

July 25th Update: I replaced the video at the end of this post with YouTube version.

It took all Sunday morning to do the swatching you see on my previous post, and right after that, I started to create my first design featuring 2 of the Madam Glam polishes. 

Thumb, middle finger & ring finger - I started off with 2 coats of Madam Glam 'Sea, Swing and Sun', and I made stamping decal out of swirly pattern from UberChic Beauty 1-03 plate using Mundo de Uñas White, painted half of it with Madam Glam 'Midnight', and placed onto those nails. I added three dots using 'Midnight' and three clear rhinestones on each. I finished off with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat.

Pointer & pinkie - Base is the same, and I simply added purple & clear rhinestone.

I was planning to use two purples for this look, but changed my mind and went with these two. I'm glad I did! I just love the contrast. Now, there was a little accident in the making of this mani. I told you I spent all morning swatching, and I started on this mani straight after, so while I had the decals drying, I thought 'Oh, I'd better check the chickens to see if they laid any eggs' (I usually go check every 1-2 hours). So I went out to the backyard but no eggs there. I tried to get back in the house only to realise the door locked itself....! 

My husband had left hours ago on his business trip, and I was on my own. No relatives or friends around. I was horrified, and 2 things came to my mind. 1) I HAVE to get back in, otherwise my decals will dry out and I have to do it all over again!, 2) Will I still be able to finish this mani to take pics in the sun!? (It was about 3 in the afternoon when this happened). Forget about the possibility of having to spend a night outside, THIS is the nail artist's priority! LOL 

Well, luckily I was able to get back in with the help of our neighbour just in time for the decals to be ready! So I quickly resumed my manis, still panting and sweating, and with shaky hands. You may notice a horrible shake on my hand in the video after the decal part, and you now know why!

7/25更新:記事最後の動画をYouTube版に置き換えました。 

前回の記事に載せたSwatchは日曜の午前中いっぱい掛けて塗装・撮影・編集・ポストしたのですが、その直後にすぐMadam Glamポリッシュを2本使ったネイルを作成しました。出来上がりはこちら。

Finished product, with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat. In the sun

親指、中指、薬指 - ベースはMadam Glam 'Sea, Swing and Sun'を2度塗り。UberChic Beauty 1-03の渦巻き模様をMundo de Uñas Whiteでスタンプし、その半分をMadam Glam 'Midnight'で塗ってdecalを作成。この3本の指に乗せ、同じく'Midnight'でドットを追加し、ラインストーンを置いてGlisten & Glow HK Girlトップコートでフィニッシュ。

人差し指と小指 - ベースは同じ。紫とクリアのライストーンを乗せてトップコートでフィニッシュ。

使用ポリッシュはこちら。

Polishes used

左から、

Madam Glam Sea, Swing and Sun
Madam Glam Midnight
Mundo de Uñas White

I'm such a sucker for good opaque cremes like these polishes. If you use sheer polish to make decals,
you'll need heaps of coats and will end up with thick lumpy decals.  

ここで小話を1つ。このネイルの作成中、ちょっとしたアクシデントがありました。午前中いっぱいSwatchにかかりきりで、さらにこのネイルもSwatch後にすぐ作り始めたので、まったく一息つける時間がありませんでした。decalを作って乾かしているときにようやく時間ができたので、「そういえば今日ニワトリさん卵生んだかな?」と思って庭に出て小屋を見に行ったんです。(いつもは1-2時間おきに見に行く。)今日は卵なしか~と思って家に戻ろうとしたら・・・・鍵がかかってる。。。何かの拍子でひとりでにかかってしまったらしい。旦那殿はもう何時間も前に出張に出かけてしまっている。この田舎町には知り合いもいなければ、引っ越したばかりで友達もいない。愕然とする私。ここで真っ先に頭をよぎった2つのこと。1)早く戻らないと!decalが乾ききったら一からやり直しになってしまう・・!2) 太陽がまだ出ているうちにこのネイルを終えて写真を撮れるだろうか!?(この事件が起きたとき3時を回っていました。)

I can't wait to use my other Madam Glam polishes. They are so pleasant to wear!

「もしかしたらこの寒い夜を外で過ごすことになるかもしれない」なんてことよりも先にネイルの心配をする、とことんのネイルバカ(笑。でもこのときは早く戻らねば!と必死でした。家の周りをぐるぐる回っているとお隣さんがちょうど歩いているのが見えたので事情を話し、その旦那さんが窓をチェックしてくれてたまたま鍵のかかりが甘い窓があったのでそこから無事中に入ることができました(笑。それでなければドアを壊してでも入ろうかと本気で思ったぐらい。ご夫婦に5回ほどお礼を言い、時間をチェックしたらちょうどdecalが乾く時間だったので急いで作業再開。息は上がり汗もひどくかいて手もぶるぶる震えている。。。でも無事作業も終えて写真もその日のうちに撮れました(;▽;)

そんなわけでもしかすると動画で手が震えているのが見えるかもしれませんが、そういう事情ですので1つよろしくお願いします(爆。


にほんブログ村 美容ブログ 自爪ネイルへ

4 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
7 July 2015 at 01:56 delete

I like this two tone manicure, its seems easy to recreate on my nails =)

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
7 July 2015 at 16:26 delete

Thanks hunni!^^ Yup, just paint all your nails in one colour and then make a decal half painted with another. Super easy! XD

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
15 July 2015 at 17:42 delete

えぇ〜っ?!鍵が勝手に?!!それは大変でしたね!でも野宿よりネイルのことを先に心配されてたとか、Cassisさんかなり良いキャラしてますねXD ごめんなさい、最後まですごく面白かったですXD お隣のご夫婦が優しい方々で良かったですね〜:)そんな大事件が起こっていたなんて想像できない美しいデザインです♡

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
15 July 2015 at 20:54 delete

ぷぷぷ・・・楽しんでもらえて何よりです!XD お隣さんはあまり話したことなかったのですが、慌てる私とは対照的に「そんなの慣れっこ」って感じで真っ先に窓をチェックしてて、すごーいこの人たち慣れてる!!と思いましたww 先日、全窓セキュリティ対策してしまったので、今は庭に出る時は鍵持参ですw

最後のドットを打つときに手がかなりぶるぶる震えているので、YouTubeアップしたら是非チェックしてみてください(爆。

Reply
avatar