New Year's Sunrise Stamping Mani

Friday, January 02, 2015 10 Comments A+ a-

Happy New Year! Last year was an incredible year for me as I got to connect with so many nail artists, opened Instagram account and gained 14K followers, and last but not least, have my own YouTube channel! It was such a busy year but fun. 

This year I'm thinking of slowing down just a little bit. I have a full time job (I'm not a nail tech, mind you), and most of my time outside work was dedicated to coming up with nail designs, creating them, filming the process as I create manis, writing up blog posts in 2 languages, and editing video tutorials. And oh yes, I do most of the housework too! It was like having two full time jobs. It's sometimes quite exhausting and I know I can't keep this pace up very long. I love seeing my Instagram account and YouTube channel grow, but that's not the purpose of my nail painting. 

So this is one of my new year resolutions - slow down to my comfortable pace. Hopefully this will also give me time to practice what I'm not good at, freehand, watermarble, etc. I looked back on my last year's new year resolutions on this post (although I only wrote this in Japanese) and it says:

1. Try not to buy too many polishes
2. Use all the untried
3. Do some frankening

At that time, I had 120 polishes but now.... about 240!! Haha! Well, I really need to slow down on this too. I have unbelievable number of untried also. *_* At least I got to franken quite a few polishes though!

Well, enough talk. Let's have a look at today's mani, shall we? I posted this mani on my Instagram on New Year's eve. In Japan, watching sunrise on New Year's Day is thought to bring good luck, so I created this mani for my friends and followers who may miss out on a real thing. 

I started off with white base, and applied PVA glue around my cuticles and placed masking tape on about 1/3 of each nail near the tip. I then did sponge gradient using pinkish red, orange and yellow, peeled off the glue and masking tape. I painted Sinful Colors Cinderella (light blue) near the tip and the base is done. Next, I made stamping decal using Torii gate image from Dashica Infinity 81 stamped with Mundo de Uñas Black, and placed it onto middle finger. I added birds from MoYou London Kitty 11 and painted the sunrise image in red and handpainted sun reflection in water using this detail brush from Born Pretty Store.

For pointer and ring finger, after the gradient, I painted A England Dancing With Nureyev near the tip and stamped trees and branches from MoYou London Suki 02 (ring finger) and Chez Delaney Asiatique 001 (pointer). I added some white dots on the trees and branches to represent snow. For pinkie, I added Kanji stamp from Chez Delaney Asiatique 001 plate, meaning 'happiness'.

This took me few hours to create but I'm so happy with the result. I have seen so many NYE manis featuring fireworks, but this is so different and I'm glad to share a piece of Japanese tradition in my mani. 

明けましておめでとうございます。昨年は私にとって大きな変化のあった年でした。たくさんのネイルアーティストさんたちと知り合うことができ、インスタグラムの開設に続いて自分のYouTubeチャンネルを持つまでになりました。年初には思いもよらなかったことです。忙しく、実りの多い1年でした。

新しい年を迎えて考えたのは、もう少し自分らしいペースで行こうかな、ということ。インスタを始めてから、毎日のようにネイルをアップされている皆さんのポストにつられて、自分のネイルチェンジのペースも少し早まった気がします。フルタイムの仕事と家事に加えて、ネイルデザインを考えて動画を撮って編集して、2か国語でブログも書いてインスタとYouTubeにアップ・・・という作業は思いのほか重労働で時間もかかります。他に自由になる時間はほとんど残りません。他のネイルアーティストさんたちのところにゆっくりお邪魔する時間もままなりません。インスタのフォロワーやYouTubeの登録者が増えていくのを見るのは楽しいですが、それが目的ではなかったはずです。

なので、今年は自分らしいペースで行こう、というのが新年の抱負の1つ。余った時間で苦手な手描きやウォーターマーブルの練習もしていきたいと思います。ちなみに昨年の新年の抱負がこの記事に書いてありますね。いわく、

一、新しいポリッシュの購入はほどほどに
二、未使用ポリッシュをゼロにしよう
三、自作に挑戦しよう

ふっ・・・・・。ちょうど1年前はポリッシュ所持数120本だった模様。この前数えたら240本あったよ・・・(フランケン、スタンピングポリッシュ、トップコート類除く)。それに伴い未使用ポリッシュも激増。自作(=フランケン)だけ唯一頑張った点ですかね。今年も引き続き、「せめてHelmer1つに収まる程度のポリッシュ数に留めよう」という抱負を掲げたいと思います。あとは先ほど言ったように苦手分野を頑張っていきたいと思います。

では今日のネイル。インスタに大晦日にアップしたネイルです。出来上がりはこちら。

Finished product, with Essence Better than Gelnails Top coat. Outdoor shot

白ベースでスタート。まずPVAグルーをキューティクル付近に塗っておき、爪先1/3程度をマスキングテープで隠しておく。三角スポンジにピンク寄りの赤、オレンジ、黄色の3色を塗り、爪にぽんぽんと数回乗せてグラデーション作成。グルーとマスキングテープを剥がして爪先にSinful Colors Cinderella(薄い青)を塗ったらベースは完成。次にDashica Infinity 81の鳥居柄をMundo de Uñas Blackでスタンプして中指に配置。その上にMoYou London Kitty 11から鳥をスタンプし、朝日を赤で塗りつぶして水面に朝日の反射を手描き。この時に使用したのは「春の歌」さんのこちらのブラシです。

人差し指と薬指はグラデーション後、A-England Dancing With Nureyevを爪先付近に斜めに塗り、その上にMoYou London Suki 02 (薬指)とChez Delaney Asiatique 001 (人差し指)から木や枝を追加。その上に雪を表す点をドット棒で追加。小指はChez Delaney Asiatique 001から「幸福」の文字をスタンプ。仕上げはNail of This WeekのChiroさんからいただいたEssence Better than Gelnailsトップコート。

使用ポリッシュはこちら。

Polish used

上段左から、

Layla Softtouch Effect 05 (for gradient)
Ciate hopscotch (for gradient)
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow (for gradient)
Sinful Colors Cinderella
A-England Dancing With Nureyev

下段左から、

Mundo de Uñas Reddish (for sunrise & reflection in water)
Sally Hansen White On
Mundo de Uñas Black

This is A-England Dancing With Nureyev. Used for the rocks and ground.
Look how sparkly it looks in the sun!

テーマは言わずもがなですが「初日の出」です。日本では初日の出を見るとご利益があるといわれていることをインスタに書いて、「実際の初日の出が見られないかもしれない人のために作ったよ!」と一言添えてアップしました。すると「そんないわれがあるなんて知らなかった、日本の伝統を教えてくれてありがとう」とか「実際の初日の出が見られなかったらこのネイル見させてもらうね!」などなど、反応をいただけてこちらまで嬉しくなりました。漢字スタンプもベタではありますが、これを見た皆さんに幸福が訪れますように、の意味を込めました。

Can you imagine yourself watching sunrise coming up behind Torii gate on a frosty day,
where all you can hear is birds fluttering in the distance?

ちなみにこのキラキラしている青いポリッシュはA-England Dancing With Nureyev。これとSinful Cinderellaの組み合わせってどこかで見ませんでしたっけ?w またチョイ役で使ってしまったよ(゚∀゚;)

というわけで新年第1弾の初日の出ネイルでした。ニューイヤーネイルって海外では花火が定番なんですが、そもそも花火って日本人の感覚では夏の風物詩ですよね。シドニーの大晦日花火のネイルもやりたかったのですが、今回は「和」で攻めてみました。出来上がりに満足です。


にほんブログ村 美容ブログ 自爪ネイルへ

10 comments

Write comments
Cindi
AUTHOR
2 January 2015 at 12:14 delete

This is so beautiful! Happy New Year.

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
2 January 2015 at 14:45 delete

Thanks Cindi! ^_^ I'm quite happy with the result <3 Happy New Year to you too!!

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
3 January 2015 at 04:54 delete

Love the colors and details!

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
3 January 2015 at 08:46 delete

Thanks Michelle! I'm so glad the way it turned out :D Happy New Year! <3 <3

Reply
avatar
Yoko
AUTHOR
4 January 2015 at 08:00 delete

カシスさん、あけましておめでとうございます! 見た途端、思わずうなってしまいました‥。すっごく素敵なアートですね! カシスさんのブログを読みはじめたのは2014年にはいってからで、その間にアートもブログもどんどん進化されていて、同じブロガーとしていつも刺激をうけています! あと、同じ海外在住として勝手に身近に感じています^ - ^ 2015年も、楽しみにしています! 私もカシスさんに影響されて、何か和なネイルアートに挑戦したい気分です♪

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
4 January 2015 at 10:49 delete

Yokoさん、明けましておめでとうございます!コメントありがとうございます♪

お褒めいただき嬉しいです^^このネイルは最近の中ではかなり時間がかかりました。チュートリアル用に撮影しながらやったので余計に^_^; でも頭で思い描いていた通りになったのはよかったです☆

私はブログ始めて1年数か月と、まだまだ若輩者ですが、ブログやインスタグラムを通じてネイル仲間が増えるのは嬉しいです♪ Yokoさんは同じ海外在住で、しかも母と同じ名前ということもあり、こちらも勝手に親近感を感じています(笑。これからも仲良くしていただければ幸いです\(^o^)/ そしてブログにもお邪魔させていただきますね♪

Reply
avatar
enoy s
AUTHOR
11 January 2015 at 12:11 delete

I really love when you do japanese nail. I also have chez delaney asiatique 1 and thanks to you i know what that kanji stamp means.

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
11 January 2015 at 20:59 delete

Thanks Enoy! Chez Delaney plates have some unique images, don't they?! Should have grabbed more :D Japanese manis are my fav theme also^^ Glad you like it :)

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
13 January 2015 at 10:08 delete

Thank you so much, Marcia!^^

Reply
avatar