Colourful Kaleidoscope Mani using Creative Shop Stamper

Thursday, January 15, 2015 4 Comments A+ a-

Jan 23th Update: I replaced the video at the end of this post with YouTube version.

I wrote about Creative Shop stamper on my last post, and I used it for the first time on this mani. I'm still trying to get this stamper to work, but I knew this type of stamping would be difficult with my other stampers. Glad I used it, because it worked like a charm.

For this mani, I started off with Dance Legend Steel Panther on my thumb, middle finger & ring finger. Then I randomly spotted 4 colours from Dance Legend Wow Prism collection on my nails; Last Serenade, Beautiful Lie, Holy Diver & Inhale, and squashed them with a piece of plastic bag lightly (the technique inspired by sloteazzy). I topcoated (in case stamping didn't turn out right) and stamped a kaleidoscope pattern from MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04 using Creative Shop stamper and Mundo de Uñas Black. I placed a rhinestone in the middle of each nail and finished off with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat. For my pointer and pinkie, I painted 3 coats of Last Serenade and Beautiful Lie respectively, topped with some rhinestones.

I was so relieved the stamped pattern came out great, not to mention it was centred! (At least my middle finger anyway.) You can see in my video that I scraped very slowly at low angle and picked up the image very slowly, just as I suggested in my last post. I was so nervous and trembling a bit when I filmed the process. New plate and my new tricky stamper, and new stamping technique, but it worked!

I'm not very good at centring images, and this pattern - perfectly symmetric horizontally and vertically - is the most difficult kind of stamps for me. So I took a different stamping approach to this than usual, i.e, lineup the stamper at the free edge, make sure the pattern on the stamper is properly in line with your nail, and simply press down onto nail. This technique is impossible on my long curvy nails without a big squishy stamper. My beloved Messy Mansion rectangle is also squishy (semi-marshmallow) but because of its small round head, I can't press it down on my nails without this full-size pattern getting crooked. My new stamper opened up a new stamping possibility for me. All I hope is that I tame it as much as possible!

1/20更新:記事最後の動画をYouTube版に置き換えました。

前回の記事でCreative Shopスタンパーについて書きました。今日はそのスタンパーを初めて爪に使ってみたの巻。出来上がりはこちら。

Finished product in the sun, with G & G HK Girl topcoat

親指、中指、薬指のベースはDance Legend Steel Panther。同じくDance Legend Wow Prismの4本(Last Serenade、Beautiful Lie、Holy Diver、Inhale)を使ってブラシで爪にランダムにポリッシュを置いていき、 ジップロックの切れ端で軽く押さえて潰す。このテクニックはsloteazzyさんがインスパイヤ元。スタンプが失敗したときのためにここでいったんトップコートを塗り、MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04の万華鏡柄をCreative ShopスタンパーとMundo de Uñas Blackを使用してスタンプ。爪の中央にラインストーンを置き、Glisten & Glow HK Girlトップコートで仕上げ。人差し指と小指はそれぞれLast SerenadeとBeautiful Lieを3度塗りした後でラインストーンを配置。

使用ポリッシュはこちら。

polishes used

左から、

Dance Legend Steel Panther
Dance Legend Last Serenade
Dance Legend Inhale
Dance Legend Holy Diver
Dance Legend Beautiful Lie
Mundo de Uñas Black

Here's the macro - you can really see the sparkles here!
And note the stamping came out crisp and centred also :D

マクロショット。こうして見ると本物の万華鏡みたいですね(゚∀゚) ←自画自賛
Creative Shopのスタンパーを使っても柄がかすれなかったこと、きちんと中央にスタンプできたこと(中指は)がなんだかとても奇跡です。前回の記事に書いたとおり、スクレイプは低い角度でゆっくり、ピックアップもゆっくり行いました。

I filed down a bit to match the stamp size. This stamp is 2.1cm in length and this type of stamp
wouldn't look nice if my nails are longer than that

このスタンプをするにあたって爪を少しだけ短くしました。この柄は2.1cmあります。こういうタイプのフルサイズの柄って、爪より短いとスタンプしたときにカッコ悪いですからね。ちなみにMoYouのXL柄ってずっと2.0cmだと思っていましたが、いつから2.1cmに変わったのかな??

I used the 'squash' technique for the first time. You better not go wild with squashing,
just lightly tap. Otherwise the colours blend too much and go yucky

色をランダムに置いて押し付けるテクニックは初めてやってみました。4色使ったこともあって、あまり押し付けず軽くぽんぽんと潰す方がいいです。あまりやりすぎると色が混ざって汚い色になります。(←1回やり直した)

ちなみに、今回新しいスタンプ方法を試してみました。スタンパーを爪先に揃えて柄を爪に押し付けるやり方です。いつもは爪を目の前に持ってきてスタンパーを転がすやり方ですが、今回のように左右対称柄をその方法でやると私の場合大体曲がります。そしてこの新しい方法を私のCカーブのきつい長目の爪でやるには、このヘッドが大きく柔らかいCreative Shopスタンパーでないとほぼ不可能です。いつも愛用しているMessy Mansionの四角スタンパーはsquishyではありますが、ヘッドが小さく丸みを帯びているので、このようにフルサイズの柄を爪に押し付けると柄がたいてい歪みます。このCreative Shopのスタンパーのおかげで新しいスタンプ方法を試すことができました。後はもう少し手なずけてすべての柄で使えるようにしたいものです。

というわけで新しいプレート、新しいトリッキーなスタンパー、新しいテクニックを使ったネイルでした。あまりにも不安要素が多すぎて撮影中、正直手が震えていました。そんな感動的な(?)場面を映した動画をどうぞ。


にほんブログ村 美容ブログ 自爪ネイルへ

4 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
16 January 2015 at 14:45 delete

Ooww Myy Goooodnessss!!! Drools all over my lunch!! This is unbelievably amazing!! Your ideas are just BEAUTIFUL!! If I had these nails I can dream well in the night ;D If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me where you got these gorgeous Dance Legend babes?? <3

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
16 January 2015 at 15:38 delete

Aww thanks Minnie! :D Those Dance Legends are fabulous, aren't they!? XD I'm making the most of this sunny season to wear these <3

I bought some from Llarowe and some directly from http://www.dance-legend.com/en/. It's under 'Wow Prism' or 'Wow Prism Spring' category. Shipping is free for 10+ polishes so I bought exactly 10 :D

Reply
avatar
17 January 2015 at 22:33 delete

WOW! :) These are amazing! :) I was eying on your safari nails to do a recreation, but now these... I might give it a shot, if you don't mind!? :) Of course, with giving you cretid! :D

Reply
avatar
Cassis P
AUTHOR
18 January 2015 at 07:57 delete

Thanks hun! Sure, recreation is always welcome^^ I don't always get notifications on IG, so use 'look_cassis' hashtag when you do :)

Reply
avatar